Thursday, February 21, 2013

from my sister marlies...

So ....this is how I remember it...
It was bedtime for the kids.  Mom had been busy all day and asked if she could put them to bed.  She had put Matthew on her bed to wait while she went into her office to put Claire down.  She asked me to go check on him and said " he is watching the game". I walked in and he was glued to the tv.  I tried to talk to him, but got no response until I asked him what he was watching....he looked at me and responded with a shrug and a matter of fact comment...the game:).  I thought this was so funny but never believed he was really watching "The Game" until I left and came back a few minutes later. He was still sitting in the exact same spot watching.  I could see him get excited as one particular team made baskets and dribble the ball.  That little two year old was really watching that game.... Funniest part.  I think he believes he was voting for the aggies because their uniform was red.  So darling!!!!,!

I remembered another one of the stories....
First morning he was with me I gave him his bath and as I was putting his shirt on, I realized I had accidentally gotten out one of Claire's shirts instead off his.  Because I had three other kids in the bath tub I put it on him with the thoughts that I would switch it later.   I quickly learned I had just put an Aggie shirt on their biggest fan!!!!
For the next thirty minutes he ran around the house pointing at his shirt yelling "Go Aggies"and throwing his fists in the air.
I didn't think much of it until after I tried to change his shirt.  As I was pulling it over his head, he looked up at me with those sweet baby blues...grabbed his shirt, and  in a whisper said, "Go Aggies".......To say the least, he wore it the rest of the day....who could say no to a fan like that?????

No comments: