Monday, August 31, 2009

words...

Claire is talkin' up a storm! She says the basics, "ma ma", "da da", "hi", etc. My favorites are, "yeah". She says that all day long and it's so sweet to hear it. Her inflextion is priceless.

My other favorite comes with a story. I never really thought how she started to say it until I read it in a letter my MIL sent to my BIL on a mission: Claire gets into things she shouldn't and whenever she gets into electrical stuff (ie, the entertainment center or electrical outlets), Nick will point at her and say "Bad Dog!" One day she was in the entertainment center and Nick came around the corner to find her there. I was in the kitchen (which is super close by, so I heard it, but didn't see it). Claire pointed up to Dad and said: "Ba Dah!" You know how you try not to laugh at things that you don't want to encourage? Well, that idea went out the window. We laughed for a good 5 minutes. And then apparently Nick told his mother but I hadn't heard about the pointing part (which I think adds 10X to the story). I laughed for an additional 5 minutes for that.

My baby is so dang cute!

4 comments:

Lyndsie Miles said...

LOL! That is so cute! You have to love how they repeat whatever you say...

Marissa said...

So cute! They are like little parrots-saying everything you do!

Lauren said...

I can't wait for Josh to start talking! CB is a sweet girl.

christine said...

I love it when they start talking. The best is when they start correcting you for saying the words you tell them not to. My nieces correct me everytime I say something is stupid or crappy. I love it!