Thursday, November 6, 2008

first feeding...rice cereal...

Can't imagine what this stuff tastes like, but it sure smells awful!!! Poor Claire, no wonder she didn't want to eat it.

Claire's four month check up was today! 95% for height, 40% for her weight and 75% for head. The WIC office did it for her on Monday and said that she was 80% for height, 20% for weight and 60% for head. I've come to realize that it is all so subjective. She was such a sweety! when those mean nurses stuck her with multiple needles, she screamed initially and then Daddy picked her up and she quieted down to a low whimper. I hate those moments. I could barely watch...she was so brave. She even gave the nurses a smile on their way out the door. I have the best baby! I don't think I could be nurse...I would hate to HAVE to make a baby intentionally cry. And then have to deal with crazy parents who look at them like they did this maliciously! Good work, nurses...thanks for taking care of our kids in a way I can't stomach.

I need to start writing down the conversations Nick has with her. They are the funniest sentiments. His phrasing is key and I wish I could remember one in specific right now, but I will start remembering because I know I get a kick out of them and I would love to have knowledge of the things my daddy said to me as I was a baby so I'm sure Claire would love it, too.

I have started doing coupon clipping. Can I tell you a few of the deals that I got this week? Oh, good...thanks. Dove shampoos and conditioners were $.17 per bottle. Carnation evaporated milk for FREE!!! Vitamin water for FREE! Salad dressings for $.09. All laundry detergent for $.67 per bottle. Can I tell you that I feel like even though I only work a little bit each week, this saves us so much money that I feel like I have a part time job. I spent $38 on groceries that should have cost me close to $300!!!!

I also wanted to mention my take on immunizations...there is a lot of hype about them right now...leads to autism, etc...My biggest reason for doing it: Missionaries have to have them before they turn in their mission papers. I don't know what that means exactly...but that makes me feel more comfortable making that decision. If people have other opinions or knowledge, I would really enjoy furthering my education on the subject.

7 comments:

Shayla said...

you crack me up! I say if it's okay for missionaries it's okay for claire! I dont have any problems (shh) and I had shots..... :)

Lauren said...

I don't know if you've watched the video you posted of Claire online, but at the end when it freezes on the last frame it's hilarious because she has this look of "oh my goodness!" on her face. It cracked me up!

Missy said...

OK girl, where are you getting your coupons? I must become a clipper myself... share your secrets please!

bex said...

Hi, I found your blog from Lauren's. I had forgotten you guys had a baby! Congrats! Hope all is going well! Becca

James, Kira, Rylee, Jett and Maddyson said...

You're little girl is so beautiful! They are so fun at that age. It's good to hear from you again. I really never thought I would hear from you again either. Miracles of the internet. I was looking for you for awhile but hadn't been able to find any email address or find you on facebook even, then you just popped up from Ann's page. Anyway...sounds like you're having a happy but busy mom life! Talk to ya later.

bex said...

i consider about 7 hrs sleeping through the night. addy just amazingly did it on her own, but she was a big baby. she still to this day won't sleep 12 hours at a time like most kids, she'll do about 10.5 normally. your blog is cute, Claire is such a cute name! I love it!

Kathleen Fueston said...

Oh, my goodness. that little Claire Girl is beautiful AND she is a gem. It was so nice to see you guys a few weeks ago! Love you all!