Monday, November 29, 2010

a post from Grumpy Sorensen!

Yesterday I was reminded of the fact that singing is not one of my talents. This could have been a blow to my almost nonexistent fragile ego, but fortunately I already knew where I stood when it came to my singing skills. The truly comical part of this was the fact that the reminder came from my 2 year old granddaughter.

The reminder came from a conversation with my granddaughter on our grandfather/granddaughter date and it went something like the following:

Matt: Claire, do you want to go with grumpy and get a hamburger?
Claire: Yesssssss
Matt: Ok, let’s go do a little shopping and then we will get a drink and hamburger
Claire: Ok, I love hamburger
Matt: ( singing an old Partridge Family song to Claire ) “ I think I love you ( repeated 3 or 4 times )
Claire: Silence
Matt: Claire, do you want to sing with me?
Matt: I think I love, I think I love you, I think I love you
Matt: Claire, sing with grumpy
Matt: I think I love you, I think I love you, I think I love you
Claire: NO SINGING!
Matt: What?
Claire: NO SINGING?
Matt: ( ignoring my granddaughter’s command ) I think I love you, I think I love you, I think I love you
Claire: Shhhhhhhh!
Matt: ( ignoring my granddaughter’s command ) I think I love you, I think I love you, I think I love you
Claire: STOP!
Matt: ( ignoring my granddaughter’s command ) I think I love you, I think I love you, I think I love you
Claire:(slowly shaking her head back and forth and in an almost disgusted tone she blurted out) BAD!
Matt: At that point all I could do was burst out laughing. In her own little way, my granddaughter got the best of me and had found a way to shut off my lousy singing

1 comment:

Lauren said...

That is hilarious. I'm just waiting for the day when my kids tell me to stop singing. Right now they don't know any better, but that blissful ignorance won't last forever.